Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Clearing an Error on Microsoft Lync 2010 published on Citrix XenApp

Let me preface this post with saying: running Office Communicator or Lync on Citrix is not ideal.  Why?  It's a presence application.  Unless you're working directly in OCS or the Lync client, your session on the XenApp server is idle, there fore your 'available' or 'idle/away' indicators may be inaccurate.

That being said, it can be handy to have your IM client readily available on Citrix.

I had been running Office Communicator 2007 R2 successfully, but Lync 2010 was giving me error messages:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I had installed Outlook 2010 and launched it, checked the default mail client, all to no avail.

The problem?  I had actually published the wrong exe.

This Citrix forum post tipped me off to the mistake.  The correct application?  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Lync\communicator.exe"

http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1715879

No comments:

Post a Comment